Have a question?
Sales & Support
- Can I use HTML from MS Word?
- What is an Autoresponder?
- How to Setup an Autoresponder
- When I send a preview newsletter, the unsubscribe and custom fields don't show up. What's going on?
- Can I create my own email campaigns or do I need to use an email template?
- Why are my images not showing when I create a new template from a file on my computer?
- How do I create my emails to look like my site?
- Why does Mail Marketer resize my images when I upload them?
- How do I add an anchor to my emails?
- I just imported my HTML and do not see any images. Why?
- The WYSIWYG Editor sometimes breaks my tables/columns/divs. Why?
- How do I create a 'Send to Friends' link in my email campaigns?
- Can I add custom fields to my Email subject lines?
- Create a subscription form for your website
- Create your email campaign using templates
- How to insert a Unsubscribe link?
- Why attachment option is disabled?
- How do I add video to a mailer?
- My subscription form isn't working. What can I do to fix it?
- What are the different types of Website Forms and how do I use them.
- How do I change the look and feel of my website forms?
- I already have an email template. Can I use this in Mail Marketer?
- How to copy email campaign between two MM accounts
- How to use trigger
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Email HTML
- How to personalize emails with First Name, e.g. 'Dear Mr. NAME' or 'Dear Mrs. NAME'?
- Message only has text/html MIME parts
Create your email campaign using templates
The most important part of your campaign is the email you will send to your contact list. Let's now look at how to create a simple email campaign by choose a professionally pre-designed email template from those included in the system.
Move your mouse over the "Email Campaigns" tab and click the "Create Email Campaign" menu option:
Creating a simple email campaign in the system.
Complete the "Create Email Campaign form". Choose "HTML" for the format. In this example we will create a basic HTML-only newsletter with graphics and formatted text. Finally, choose one of the professionally pre-designed email templates from the "Email Template" box. Use the preview link to view all of the templates. Click the "Next >>" button when you're done.
Creating an email campaign using one of the many included professionally designed email templates in the system.
When the next page loads, type in a subject line for your email campaign. This is the text contacts will see when they look at the emails in their inbox, so make it short and to the point. Scroll down the page and you will see the email editor. You can type in text content for your email here. In this example we'll just copy and paste a few paragraphs of text from Microsoft Word using the editor's "Paste From Word" function:
Creating the content of your email using the built-in WYSIWYG editor.
Under the email editor you will see two links: Insert Custom Fields and Insert Unsubscribe Link. You should always include an unsubscribe link in your email, and if you don't the system will warn you when it saves.
To insert the value of a custom field in your newsletter just click the "Insert Custom Fields" link:
Inserting a custom field into your email campaign's content.
Choose the custom field you want to add and click the "Insert" button next to it. The custom field will be added to your content and will be represented by a placeholder varaible, such as %%Email%% or %%First Name%%. When the email is sent, these values will be replaced with real values from your contact contact list. For example, %%Email%% might be replaced with email@example.com and %%First Name%% might be replaced with John.
Complete the "Attachments" section of the form if you want to include file attachments with your email campaign. Before clicking the "Save And Exit" button to move on, send a preview of your email using the "Send Preview" section of the form.
Congratulations, you've just created your first email campaign! Let's now move on to send it to your contact list of contacts.