Have a question?
Sales & Support
- Can we use our own email address for the FROM address?
- When I send a test email to myself the custom fields do not get replaced with the correct data.
- How many emails can I send per hour?
- What’s the difference between hard and soft bounces?
- If I schedule an email to go out next week, will it go out even if my computer is not on/connected to the internet?
- What is the difference between a normal sent email and the preview emails?
- I send an email campaign, but some contacts don't receive it
- Increase Your Email Open Rate By Improving Your Subject Lines
- Avoiding the Spam Filters and Other Email Marketing Tips
- Why is my open rate so low? Open tracking is not working!
- Warm Up Your IP Address
- I am not receiving my test campaign.
Why is my open rate so low? Open tracking is not working!
Mail Marketer tracks message opens by inserting an invisible tracking image in to the bottom of every message that it sends. If you find that you have a very low open rate, or if you try opening a message and find that it was not tracked, these are the most common problems:
- You are sending a text-only format email, instead of an HTML format email, or an HTML/Text (MIME) format email. Text-only messages cannot be tracked, as the tracking relies on an HTML image tag.
- You had "open tracking" disabled in your campaign settings. Try creating a new campaign on a test list, and making sure the tracking is turned on to test this.
- Major ISP Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail block images by default. Your subscribers are not clicking "display images" or "download images" in their email clients. Since the tracking relies on an HTML image tag, all images must be "displayed" or "turned on" for a read to be tracked.